Friday, March 27, 2009

Today's Prognosis

My brilliant bloggy friend, Pearl, uses her ipod to predict her weekend. It's hilarious and quite revealing (she listens to The Raconteurs, just like me!). I'm jacking her idea and turning it into a daily morning ritual.


So, without further ado, here is the Great Apple's prediction for my Friday:


Begin by Ben Lee

Don't be Skew by Peter, Bjorn, and John

Such Great Heights by The Postal Service

Paris 2004 by Peter, Bjorn, and John

Failing and Passing by Peter, Bjorn, and John

The Big Picture by Bright Eyes

Rebellion (Lies) by The Arcade Fire


Today I feel like breaking it down and analyzing how accurate I feel each song is.


1. Begin - All about a guy wanting a girl to just take the plunge romantically and just see what happens. NOT HAPPENING tonight. Going out with someone I've already plunged with. No dice.


2. Don't Be Skew - I've never heard this before. Can't remember what it was about. Title is good advice.


3. Such Great Heights - May the evening take me there!


4. Paris 2004 - "I'm all about you. You're all about me. We're all about each other." Well, half true. Sadly, he is not all about me...


5. Failing and Passing - Again, new song. Lots of Peter, Bjorn, and John today, though. Title makes it sound like today won't be a total wash.


6. The Big Picture - Don't sweat the small stuff.


7. Rebellion (Lies) - A top favorite of mine. "Sleeping is giving in, no matter what the time is. Sleeping is giving in, so lift those heavy eyelids."


Sounds like I've got quite an evening in store. Going to the Cold War Kids concert with No Spark (as he will henceforth be called; more on that story another time). I love CWK and I love live music. Tonight will be good no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment